Re: first aid kit

  • robert shattuck
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 30, 2013
      "Whatcha got? "

      1. Decent boots
      2. Pair of Teva's
      3. Fresh air
      4. Freezing cold streams.
      5. Dry socks

      My medical kit has shrunk to nothing over the years. I carry a bunch of alcohol swabs, the Neosporin, a few maxi-pads, some tape, lots of ibuprofen .

      I also bring along some moleskin but yeah, usually end up giving it to someone.

      I pay close attention to my feet, especially on the first few days as that's really when you're going to get a blister---- am I wrong???----and then you're dealing with your feet for the rest of the trip.

      Soon as I get a little hot in the heels, it's out of the boots and into the Teva's followed by whatever cold stream I can find ..... It's all about happy feet.

      Bob
      Sent from my iPhone
    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.