first aid kit

  • trail2nowhere
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 30, 2013
      last time I did the jmt I learned that first aid is all about foot care. Here is what I carry and i'd like to see your list. I get a lot of this stuff from Zombi Runner.

      tincture of benzoic
      Kinesio tape
      brave solider
      small amount of mole skin
      insulin hypodermic needle for draining blisters
      betadine
      duct tape
      2nd skin
      a few bandaids and bangages
      polysporin NOT the triple antibiotic because it has an agent that slows healing
      nystatin
      aricna, narpoxen, bendadryl
      toe nail clipper, tweaser,
      imodium, tagamet

      10 oz

      To be honest I've used this stuff on others much more than myself. Nice to carry a little trail magic for others. A good friend you is a paramedic only carries a few bandaids...but he doesn't hike the long trail.

      Whatcha got?
    • kennethjessett@sbcglobal.net
      Message 45 of 45 , Aug 27, 2013
        The ESSENTIAL item is 'second skin' or any other antiseptic liquid bandage product (Walgreens carries them) to cover scrapes, cuts, blisters, burns, etc.

        Also, let me plug for injinji socks to prevent blisters forming in the first place.

        Ken.