Re: [John Muir Trail] Fire restrictions and permits required for stoves on the JMT

  • John
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 29, 2013
      Roleigh

      Curious how much (if any) does the extra stuff weigh to solar cook? Also the weight of water you are carrying to rehydrate? My meals take two cups, so that's a pound in water alone.

      Just wondering about the actual weight savings?

      John
    • Tracy
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 1, 2013
        Just saw the fire restrictions; Gotta admit, I'm a little bummed. I know many frown on campfires, even in appropriate areas, but I love sitting around the fire at night and was hoping for this a few nights. Guess not! Oh well!