Fire restrictions and permits required for stoves on the JMT

  • dr.suuz_2013
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 29, 2013
      Information about the campfire ban on the PCT south of Yosemite is posted on the PCT Association's website: http://www.pcta.org/2013/campfires-banned-on-southern-pct-12941/ .

      They state that, "Controlled flame devices such as portable stoves fueled by petroleum or LPG products are allowed by permit." Does anyone know what type of permit is required and where to obtain it? Does each member of a hiking group using a stove need to have a separate permit?
    • Tracy
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 1, 2013
        Just saw the fire restrictions; Gotta admit, I'm a little bummed. I know many frown on campfires, even in appropriate areas, but I love sitting around the fire at night and was hoping for this a few nights. Guess not! Oh well!