Re: [John Muir Trail] light weight sun shirt

    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 29, 2013
      I like this shirt. SPF rating not shown but REI says its made with a sun-protective fabric. Weight not given. Not cheap. At least you can return it if you don't like it.

      I own one in a size larger than I'd ordinarily wear in order to allow it to ventilate better.

      If you happen to be big enough to use an XXL, there's one on sale right now in a light color (Alpaca) for under $13, though all other colors and sizes are $54.50

      On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Joe MacLeish <jmacleish@...> wrote:

      On hot sunny days I cover up with a light weight long sleeve khaki shirt (8.4 oz).  Is there something that weighs less?  Needs to be cool (temperature) to wear.  I've tried various high SPF sun screens but I eventually get burned anyway.  The shirt works but weighs too much.

      Joe

      Message 53 of 53 , Jun 12
        Using stakes or anything else in a "T" configuration is known as a dead-man.

        It's often used for winter time or mountaineering tent pitches, when stakes, trekking poles, skis, or ice axes are used as "dead man" anchors for shelters.