RE: [John Muir Trail] light weight sun shirt

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 28, 2013
      Sure you can scramble up the bucks.  Just consider it an investment that will prolong your hiking life, both from the weight savings and the sun protection. : )

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: jmacleish@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:38:39 -0700
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] light weight sun shirt

      Don:

      5.9 oz for a long sleeve looks pretty good.  Can I scramble up $84 plus shipping to save 2.5 oz?  SPF 30+.  OK John will i get burned in an SPF 30 shirt?

      Joe

      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 4, 2013
        Wherever you camp where the ground is too hard for tent stakes, use your tent stakes and rocks, instead of having the stake go through the ground, it is used to turn the tent/tarp guyline into a "T" where the stake is the top of the "T" and the rock is laying down on top of the "T".

        The night I do Whitney, I camp farther up from Guitar Lake and have to use the above technique for my tarp tent (I require 8 tent stakes).  None of them are in the ground, but the tent is 100% secure.  You just need heavy rocks.