RE: [John Muir Trail] light weight sun shirt

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 53 , Jun 28, 2013
      Sure you can scramble up the bucks.  Just consider it an investment that will prolong your hiking life, both from the weight savings and the sun protection. : )

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: jmacleish@...
      Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:38:39 -0700
      Subject: RE: [John Muir Trail] light weight sun shirt

      Don:

      5.9 oz for a long sleeve looks pretty good.  Can I scramble up $84 plus shipping to save 2.5 oz?  SPF 30+.  OK John will i get burned in an SPF 30 shirt?

      Joe

      Message 53 of 53 , Jun 12
        Using stakes or anything else in a "T" configuration is known as a dead-man.

        It's often used for winter time or mountaineering tent pitches, when stakes, trekking poles, skis, or ice axes are used as "dead man" anchors for shelters.