Re: Missed JMT at three places

  • fortunateblessings
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 28, 2013
      Does anyone else find next the meadow area (immediately beside the trail) that's above the Crater Meadow area particularly interesting because of the water source that flows off in two opposite directions there? It was subtle where the direction changes. I'm not sure why that's so fascinating to me. It just is.

      #3 I did the same thing (or a very similar thing) at a stream crossing on the Rae Lakes loop in July of last year. The little path off to the right is obvious and occurs right at the stream. I think my eye noticed it before noticing a bit of path--maybe 20 or 30 feet away--winding around the rock on the other side of the stream. It's a short path to the right that simply ended in a (probably inappropriately located) camp site.

      Mark