Re: Mosquito Elevation Report

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2013
      Full on in the shade at 10-11,000' in Rock Creek canyon,

      John

    • jaymiche@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
        Interesting how fast things change. Rock Creek RS area was almost devoid of mosquitoes on June 21-22. Saw a few near Timberline Lake below Guitar Lake the next day. One more at Outpost Camp

        > Full on in the shade at 10-11,000' in Rock Creek canyon,
        > John
        > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Carl Hlavenka wrote:
        > >
        > > any current reports on the mosquito levels now? at what elevation is
        > it moving thru now?

      • John
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
          Sorry, different Rock Creek. This is Rock Creek eastside.

          John
          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "jaymiche@..." <jaymiche@...> wrote:

          > Interesting how fast things change. Rock Creek RS area was almost devoid of mosquitoes on June 21-22. Saw a few near Timberline Lake below Guitar Lake the next day. One more at Outpost Camp
          >
          > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "John" <johndittli@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Full on in the shade at 10-11,000' in Rock Creek canyon,
          > > John
          > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Carl Hlavenka wrote:
          > > >
          > > > any current reports on the mosquito levels now? at what elevation is
          > > it moving thru now?

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
            Not totally relevant to JMT, but mosquito levels in Desolation Wilderness Area are bad! A 4-4.5 on a 1 to 5 scale! They seem to be peaking about 3-4 weeks earlier than normal from what I saw and what I have gathered from other locals. I will be in Yosemite tomorrow and give an update when I get back on conditions there. Hiking season is officially on for me! Doing a day-hike to Clouds Rest, anyone want to meet us at Tenaya Lake TH, let me know.