Delayed Posting Time

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
      Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
        In the messages archive one can dump the email headers of a posting -- here is yours for the below post.  If anyone is really I.T. saavy in the group, can you see a long delay from one point to another point.  I'm confused because of the various timezones involved (GMT, PCT, EST).

        Delayed Posting Time
        Posted By:
          • Send Email
        Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:59 pm  |

        From rnperky@... Thu Jun 27 19:20:35 2013
        Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 01:59:21 -0000
        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: "Robert" <rnperky@...>
        Subject: Delayed Posting Time

        Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to t=
        he time it actually shows up?=20
        _

        On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Robert <rnperky@...> wrote:

        Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?

      • John
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
          Yes, it happens Fairly Regularly to me.

          John

          > Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?

        • Don Amundson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
            Yes, and sometimes it never shows up.

            Sent from my iPad

            On Jun 27, 2013, at 7:20 PM, "Robert" <rnperky@...> wrote:

            Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?

          • krishna9012
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
              yes, this morning I sent a message and did not see it in the list so went back and resent the same. Looks like both made through with some delay.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                Ya, like the one I posted about an hour ago saying that my posts are regularly delayed?

                John

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                  Well, at least I'm not the only one! It seems to happening a bit more recently for some reason.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 27, 2013
                    LOL!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                      Doing a test: posted at 6:49AM. I had three postings that didn't show up yesterday, one being a duplicate.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                        If you are doing counting, be sure and count for the two destinations -- your inbox and the message web site.  Your postings have two places to go always.  To report a problem, one needs to know if it is to both or the one -- different delivery systems.

                        _

                        On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Robert <rnperky@...> wrote:

                        Doing a test: posted at 6:49AM. I had three postings that didn't show up yesterday, one being a duplicate.

                        > Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?

                      • Dittli-Goethals
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                          I see where it came up an 1hr ago; 18 hours after I posted it???????

                          LOL!

                          --
                          John Dittli/Leslie Goethals
                          John Dittli Photography

                          2010  IPPY Gold Medal Award Winner
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
                            On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Robert <rnperky@...> wrote:

                            Is anyone else experiencing a long delay from when they send in a post to the time it actually shows up?

                            I also get erratic delays, usually under an hour (if delayed at all). I don't think anything has ever totally disappeared.  Have no idea why, and have been able to see no pattern to the delays.

                            John L
                          • larry mann