Re: Dry Bag Combinations

  • ravi_jmt2013
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Gail" <forgetwho@...> wrote:

      > Ravi, I do what you do (sleeping bag and sleep clothes in a dry bag on the bottom of my pack, my bear can centered vertically on top of that), but then I stuff my tent, loose, all around the bear can to keep it centered. And I push that way down to fill up all the empty spaces. If you did that, would you have room to put the rest of your clothes in a dry bag on top of the bear can?

      That's definitely an interesting idea. What would probably prevent me from doing that is that my cuben tent (hexamid) is relatively fragile when it comes to abrasion. So I would worry about the contact between the cuben material and the edges of the Bearikade canister which I've read can cause abrasion to packs. I'm a bit paranoid about my cuben gear given the sensitivity to abrasion and high cost.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2013
        Good paranoia, the edge of the Bearikade can get rough due to scratches on rock.  Mine is.