Re: [John Muir Trail] backpack problems with Mountainsmith

  • trail2nowhere
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2013
      In an interesting turn of events MS has done the right thing and coped to the workmanship problem and offered me a new pack. I'm trying to decide between the ghost 50 and lariat 65. 50L seems one the small side but REI carries it so I just might take all my stuff down to the REI and see if it will all fit...with a full water bladder. I've read that many don't like the way the ghost panel loads. It is not a top loader so it's harder to stuff. I don't use stuff sacks for a lot of my gear instead just stuff it all. Whatcha think?

      Btw, 35# is about the max for me if I can keep water down to about a liter.

      Thanks,

      Jack