Re: altitude

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 473 , Aug 25, 2000
      Last weekend I had planned to sleep at Onion
      Valley. I was tired so pulled over and slept at 4000'. So
      I was a slug on this hike. <br>I dayhiked two 14ers
      the beginning of Aug, 7 days apart and felt great.
      The weekend of the 12th I dayhiked San Gorgonio,
      11,499'. Slept below 6000' the first night, then started
      at 6,180'. The last hour up killed me. I hiked
      Whitney faster than San Gorgonio!<br>I'm going up again
      this weekend, so hopefully I'll feel better. Weekend
      after we'll be doing a 9 day trip.
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002