Re: Current Snow Conditions

  • Greg Hummel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      I'm just back from a weekend hike over Kearsarge Pass to Kearsarge Lakes. No snow anywhere on the pass, you can see Forster Pass from Kearsarge and no visible snow there.

      Happy trails,

      Greg Hummel

      Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?".
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
        Great to hear. How were the bugs? And general water levels?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
          Sounds like, from the snowpack descriptions, that rain may affect stream crossing difficulties more than snowmelt. Pretty steady rain here in SF which is apparently headed to the Sierra. My guess, hearing varius reports on snowpack, that stream-crossing shouldn't be too bad other than after big rainstorms.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
              Thanks. Hitting that area Thursday. Boots on the trail reports are always best.