Snow and stream crossing conditions

  • thabor11
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
      I would appreciate reports on current snow conditions on the JMT passes and stream crossing levels. If you have recent information, please indicate the date and location. Many thanks.
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        Second hand info.

        Friends on the PCT at our home last night reported, from this last week between Kearsarge and TM:

        The longest stretch of snow was on Muir Pass about 100 yards long. Some minor snow on all passes. Evolution and Bear Creek knee deep on 5' 10" person.

        Lots of flowers, bugs are emerging.

        JD

      • jaymiche@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
          I hiked from Horseshoe Meadows to the PCT, to Crabtree Meadows, up Whitney and out from 06/22-25/13. Only snow was a patch on the trail to Whitney from Trail Crest which was smaller than last year on 07/02/12. Talked to a ranger who had hiked Miter Basin. Very dry conditions. A SB JMTrer I met at Guitar Lake told me very little snow on any of the passes. Good news was very little mosquitos even in meadows and other areas I have been attacked in other years.