Re: altitude

  • JimR_pdx
    Message 1 of 473 , Aug 25, 2000
      Just going up and sleeping high didn't work for
      me this year. I try to get a day-hike in at altitude
      the day before putting on the pack, that always seems
      to help. We reserved a campsite near Virginia Lakes
      (9500', between Bridgeport and Lee Vining), but we got
      there late and went straight to bed. Next day we're on
      the Piute trail, camped at 11k, and following morning
      I felt awful. So stress your body a bit if you have
      time!
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002