Re: [John Muir Trail] Merced hotel

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
      I used this twice in our group.  You are best to call a cab for pickup in the morning, but it is about as close as you're going to get.  You can walk but it is about a 30 minute walk.  They have a swimming pool, and a decent restaurant is across the street.  An all night Denny's is about 1 mile away.

      MOTEL 6
      MERCED NORTH #4712

      1410 V ST
      MERCED, CA 95340
      Phone: 209-384-2181
      Fax: 209-722-2152

      Motel Information
      Map & Driving Directions

      _

      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Dave <davewebb15@...> wrote:

      Can someone recommend a moderately priced hotel in Merced near the Amtrak station or close to the YARTS stop? Thank you.

      David Webb

    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        Dave,

        The AMTRAK station and YARTS stop are one and the same––get off the train and then catch the YARTS bus in the parking lot. And it's not like Merced has a variety of high and low-end Hotels to choose from, not to mention anything that's close by . . . you'll no doubt be taking a cab to get there, or doing a fast walk.

        Google, "Merced ca hotels motels" and you'll come up with a number of them––then perhaps call or figure out which ones fit all your needs.

        Motel Merced is "1.6 miles from the Amtrak stop . . .

        Travelodge Merced Yosemite is 1.4 . . .

        . . . and so on . . .

        Bob

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com