Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: need front carried water pack help

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 20, 2013
      On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM, straw_marmot <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I've never used Yahoo before, and I just opted to disable everything until I figure out how the privacy setting work... I will probably change this - it does not make my email address actually display anywhere, right?

      Your e-mail address will display and if people use "Reply to sender" they will be able to see who they are replying to. Obviously a problem for people with privacy concerns.

      A workaround -- You could set up an e-mail address solely for groups and have it forward any mail to your main address. For instance, you could be straw_marmot at gmail dot com and set Gmail to forward everything sent to that address to the address you'd rather keep private.

      The setting is at

      under E-mail address see "add new email address"