RE: [John Muir Trail] Kearsarge Conditions

  • Don Amundson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
      No personal knowledge.  The PCT's have been going through with some reports on TrailJournals.com    This one from May 29th is revealing but as you know, conditions change rapidly.

      http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=417174

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: Bighummel@...
      Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:05:23 -0400
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] Kearsarge Conditions

      Does anyone know what current conditions are in the Kearsarge area?

      Happy trails,

      Greg Hummel

      Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?".

    • mojavemoon@pacbell.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
        I have a friend who just came over Kearsarge Pass. She is 65 and I recently picked her up in Onion Valley for a PCT resupply. Besides some light rain, she said the hike over the pass was easy and that the conditions were fine.