RE: [John Muir Trail] JMT (Part 1) trip report and photos, July 2008

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 11, 2008
      Oh dear, bad mozzies then huh - but I guess it varies year to year.

      _____

      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 13, 2008
        it's not really an "ascent" but I've always wanted to do it, either AT, or snowshoes. let's make a spring plan!sparklefart.blogspot.comhttp://www.summitpost.org/plans/view_activity.php?post_id=6480To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.comFrom: tgtaylor7@...: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:22:27 -0800Subject: [John Muir Trail] Winter Ascent of the JMT

        Anyone considering a winter ascent of the JMT?

        Thomas

      • Kevin Aston
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 20, 2008
          I don't do it on line I call the office and then you can see what your options are. I never missed getting my target date though, but I get my permits 4 months in advance.
          Kevin Aston

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 20, 2008
            Yeah, there were a few. Fortunately, Sunrise was the worst place on
            the whole trip. Bug conditions gradually improved after that (and we
            started putting significant effort into finding campsites that were
            less buggy).

            --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Karagosian"