I have given up a Muir Trail Ranch Tent Cabin reservation for the nights of July 29/30 2013.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2013
      I have given up a Muir Trail Ranch Tent Cabin reservation for the nights of July 29/30 2013.  This makes the Tent Cabin available to rent either in a back-to-back 2 night situation or for two different single night stays.  If you have not stayed at MTR you are really missing a Shangri-La experience.  With their natural indoors hot springs (2 cabins that lack ceilings but have full height walls for privacy, gives you a private hot springs experience with privacy).  Their hot springs rooms each have a bathing area and shower, and a pool area.  You're expected to cleanse yourself before getting into the hot spring pool.

      They also have super great food, a lodge, laundry, and free lemonade (for log and tent cabin guests).

      The Tent Cabins are newer than the log cabins but the tent cabins do not have bathrooms but a bathroom building is within about 20-50 feet away.  The cost for 3 meals, hot springs and laundry use, and sleeping facility in the Tent Cabin is $140 a night.  A very reasonable price.

      If interested contact muirtrailranch@... or visit the web page: http://muirtrailranch.com/avail-dates.html  (other dates are available there too).

      Every year I do the JMT I attempt to stay here, and have succeeded except in 2009.  I've enjoyed staying there in 2008,2010,2011,2012 and will be in 2013.

      Roleigh
      _