Re: [John Muir Trail] Erik the Black vs. Tom Harrison maps

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
      John, it looks like you can only order Postholer PCT maps in either of 3 sets (OR/WA; SO CAL; NO CAL).  Are the JMT map pages all in the SO CAL or NO CAL set (or does one have to splice them together?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
        I answered my own question, it's the SO CAL book, it goes up to Tuolumne Meadows.
        _

        On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
        John, it looks like you can only order Postholer PCT maps in either of 3 sets (OR/WA; SO CAL; NO CAL).  Are the JMT map pages all in the SO CAL or NO CAL set (or does one have to splice them together?

      • Dan C. aka Thumper
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
          Roleigh, Postholer's JMT maps and data book are a free download from his site. No need to purchase the PCT book if you want JMT, just download and print.
          Thumper

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013
            Thumper, is there a way one can use his download and print them on professional waterproof map paper but not on my printer?
            _

            On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Dan C. aka Thumper <dofdear@...> wrote:
            Roleigh, Postholer's JMT maps and data book are a free download from his site.  No need to purchase the PCT book if you want JMT, just download and print.
            Thumper

            ---- Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
            > I answered my own question, it's the SO CAL book, it goes up to Tuolumne
            > Meadows.
            > links)<https://plus.google.com/104440166440169700478/about>
            > _
            >

            > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:
            >
            > > John, it looks like you can only order Postholer PCT maps in either of 3
            > > sets (OR/WA; SO CAL; NO CAL).  Are the JMT map pages all in the SO CAL or
            > > NO CAL set (or does one have to splice them together?

            > > Visit my Google Profile (lots of very interesting research links)<https://plus.google.com/104440166440169700478/about>

          • dofdear aka Thumper
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 19, 2013

              Roleigh,

              It’s an Adobe file.  If you do not have the local capability then put the files on a stick and take to a local Kinko’s or other printer.  I have an 8 year old ink-jet printer that does just fine.  You may need to just change the paper and quality settings.

              Thumper

              href="mailto:roleigh@...">roleigh@...> wrote:

              > > John, it looks like you can only order Postholer PCT maps in either
              of 3
              > > sets (OR/WA; SO CAL; NO
              CAL ).  Are the JMT map pages all in the SO CAL or
              > > NO
              w:st="on">CAL set (or does one have to splice them together?