RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Sequoia Kings Pack Trains

  • Jason Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 59 , Jun 19, 2013
      We used tham also, and they were great. I second what Roleigh said about Danica. If you can't get a hold of her keep trying. Once it's set up she's great. We had to make some changes by email at MTR and it all happened smoothly.

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: roleigh@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:36:16 -0400
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Sequoia Kings Pack Trains

      Sequoia Kings Pack Station is a different company, it is owned by a common owner who also owns Pine Creek Pack Station.  I have used Sequoia Kings Pack Station for 4 years going on 5 with this summer's JMT and have nothing but good news about them.  Sometimes with Danica you have to try contacting her a second time (she is out of phone or internet range for some time occasionally) but once an agreement is made, the packer is always there when you expect him to show up.

      Most of the time packers specialize in a given area of the Sierras, there are a few places where multiple packers service.

      On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM, marciecommins <marciecommins@...> wrote:

      Is the Sequoia Kings Pack Station the same as Cedar Grove Pack Station which is located near Cedar Grove Village (couldn't find Sequoia Kings with Google)? I used Cedar Grove Pack Station two years ago for a resupply at Woods Creek. It worked out great though kind of expensive. I talked to Maggie and Tim. (559) 565-3464

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Harrell <cbharrell@...> wrote:

      > Is anyone else considering using the re-supply services of Sequoia Kings Pack Stations?
      >
      > While Dee Berner (owner) is very pleasant, she seems a bit spacey. She has trouble quoting me prices, answering questions about logistics, promises to return calls & emails (she doesn't); anyway she's not exactly instilling a level of confidence.
      >
      > Has anyone used their services before and/or can lend some insight?
      >
      > Thanks, in advance, folks!

    • b2d099203e309ec68e85b9e81b55a7df
      Message 59 of 59 , Aug 30 5:45 PM
        Should also specify that the Injinji socks I use are the heaviest weight ones they make.