Re: Snow_nymph_2000: Thanks!

  • snow_nymph_2000
    Message 1 of 473 , Aug 24 4:20 PM
      I usually go to Horseshoe/Cottonwood, or Onion
      Valley for the first night out. Even sleeping one night
      at ~10,000' helps me. Then I go to the ranger
      station in the morning, for me its worth the drive.
      prescription for it. Scott just got some from his doctor. I
      carry it with me, and when he got HAPE on this last
      trip, he took it 20 minutes after the first sign of
      rales. Between Diamox, decent & rest it turned out to be
      a mild case. He had gotten it 5 weeks earlier
      hiking Mt Langley, but didn't want to admit it, and by
      the next day, it was pretty bad. He had trouble
      putting his boots on. <br><br>I used the Diamox in
      '93-'94, when I got AMS pretty bad. Soon I was going up
      often enough, & didn't want to take it all the time.
      I've had the altitude headaches a few times in the
      last few years, but I just deal with it. We'll be
      going out for 9 days soon, so Scott is going up Mon
      after work, and will hang out at 10-11,000' for a few
      days til I get there. Have fun on your trip!
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002