Re: FW: mileage

  • zmortalcityz
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
      These maps are a bit better... Higher quality and significantly more
      detail for off-trail travel. I like how little info snippets are
      included as well. Seems like there are more names shown for side
      trails and lakes, etc as they are not explicitly JMT maps. I have no
      idea about accuracy - I did not bring GPS, but I never got lost once
      and got out alive if that counts.

      http://www.onthetrail.org/Outdoors/ODC/jmtmaps.html
    • Robert W. Freed
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
        Yep, I agree. Wish I would have had these maps the first time through. It would have saved me a tough couple of days.

        Thanks, Robert

        These maps are a bit better... Higher quality and significantly more
        detail for off-trail travel. I like how little info snippets are
        included as well. Seems like there are more names shown for side
        trails and lakes, etc as they are not explicitly JMT maps. I have no
        idea about accuracy - I did not bring GPS, but I never got lost once
        and got out alive if that counts.

        http://www.onthetra il.org/Outdoors/ ODC/jmtmaps. html

        .

      • Barbara Karagosian
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
          Thanks for the feedback. I have the Harrison maps, they seem great. Forget
          the pedometer - useless. I already have a GPS Garmin Legend so will bring it
          - it has an altimeter, & I use it to mark campsites or put sites in that I
          might use. Turn it on maybe twice a day - maybe I'll rethink that 7ozs - it
          might be better used elsewhere. Will check out the other maps too. Can't
          wait, not going til mid July - pathetic, but I LOVE to plan.Barbara

          _____

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
            It counts! There are a few confusing trail signs, but a GPS wouldn't help that.
            Claire

            > These maps are a bit better... Higher quality and
            > significantly more
            > detail for off-trail travel. I like how little info
            > snippets are
            > included as well. Seems like there are more names shown
            > for side
            > trails and lakes, etc as they are not explicitly JMT maps.
            > I have no
            > idea about accuracy - I did not bring GPS, but I never got
            > lost once
            > and got out alive if that counts.
            >
            > http://www.onthetrail.org/Outdoors/ODC/jmtmaps.html
          • robert shattuck