Re: [John Muir Trail] the ultimate smelly: used TP

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15, 2013
      Dried cranberries and plums (prunes) are often sold in opaque, sturdy plastic bags that have good re-sealing abilities. There may be a small window to view the fruit that you can cover with tape.

      Inline image 1

      On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Brian Kimball <kimballistic@...> wrote:

      Hi Everyone,

      What's the consensus on how to pack it out safely and securely? Please tell me it doesn't go in the bearcan.

      Any horror stories of bears or other critters rummaging through used TP? I've definitely had little critters tear up used wag bags before (while snow camping). Not a pretty sight and not fun to clean up.

      And burying it is not an option for me. I came across used TP twice just last week in Yosemite. I'm not going to risk subjecting anyone else to that.

      Thanks!

    • Bill Heiser

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 16, 2013
          Works great.  1.3 oz. or so.