Re: [John Muir Trail] Survey Results on how m uch JMT hikers are spending per day on food.pdf (marti124@gmail.com)

  • Larry Beck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12 11:02 PM
      He should have been happy she came out for a section!

      Larry

      From: "Lauren Egert" <laurenegert@...>
      To: "johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com" <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wed, Jun 12, 2013 12:46 am

      Why are there so few women out on the trail (the survey had 59:17 men to women)??  sigh...

      Guess I shouldn't be surprised, I spent 3.5 months on trail last summer and meet maybe 6 women the whole time, but somehow when I see numbers like that it illustrates the difference even more.
      Not that I particularly care, but sometimes a gal likes to talk about other things than body odor and flatulence.  ;)

      lauren

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17 9:22 AM
        The couple of times I've section hiked on the JMT (southern half in 2011 and northern half in 2012), I met many women on the trail. Not as many as men to be sure but they are there. I'll be on the trail in September (Cottonwood Lakes to Bishop Pass).
        Marcie