Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: [Backpacki ngLight] The Gear Junkie Scoop: Budd y-Board - “Is your life worth 30 sec onds?” (before leaving the trailhead)

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
      Your points are spot on, I said the discussion changed my mind to it only
      being an envelope with the trip itinery in it. And I said it's not needed
      where you have park rangers. In MN, there is no permit required for hiking
      the Superior Hiking Trail. I agree notifying friends, authorities (when
      they exist to handle such information such as park rangers) is one's first
      line of defense. Yes, the whole discussion has discarded the utility of the
      buddy board, no doubt about that.