Has anyone feared ahead of time walking over the Woods Creek Suspension Bridge -- afterwards, how did you feel?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2013
      Has anyone feared ahead of time walking over the Woods Creek Suspension Bridge -- afterwards, how did you feel?

      I have a member who has asked me offline about this.  I'd like to know from those who feared it ahead of time and how they felt walking over it and afterwards.

      Thanks.
      _

    • Barbara Karagosian

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2013
            Hi Roleigh

            Leslie, sitting right next to me, doesn't like heights, doesn't like "openings" under foot, really doesn't like it when those things are combined with movement.

            The first time she hiked it (Woods Creek) I didn't tell her about the bridge before hand, nor did I tell her there were several boards missing (I think that's fixed now).

            She was not happy when she saw it, she was less happy when she was on it, she was happier when she was on the other side (no lasting effect). She was happy no one else was on the bridge at the time, and that I didn't torture her by swinging it....It wasn't a deal breaker and she has done it several times now, but she never is all that excited about it.

            I've certainly seen the creek fordable in the fall and that may be an option earlier this year.

            John
          • David Carbiener
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2013
              For me, that bridge is a blast.  I never feared it the first time, and now I just walk across it without holding onto anything.  I’ll probably be the jerk that gets bucked off it for being too confident.
              Afterward – no big deal.