RE: [John Muir Trail] Re: Awesome Trip

  • Joe MacLeish
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2013

      I wish it was me doing the loop (Yosemite to WP and back via SHR) but I am only doing the Roads End to Duzy Basin Leg.  My partner on that leg is Michael Petrick (of this group).  He is the guy doing the whole thing. He is taking a day night in lone Pine for a Burger and shower.  Wonder what the permits for his trip look like.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2013
        I looked at that way last year but it was easier to go in at Onion Valley hike down Bubb's Creek to Roads End and come out over Bishop and hitch back to Onion Valley. Of course we couldn't find Frozen Lake Pass so ended up going over Cartridge Pass back to the JMT and out OV. I still have to do Frozen Lake to Dusy Basin. I've done the rest.