Our group has just hit the 2,000 member mark!

    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2013
      I noticed just now that our group has just hit the 2,000 member mark!

      This is quite amazing.  When I first became, 5-6 years ago, assistant moderator, we had around 1,100 members if my memory serves right.

      This is a group where a lot of members only intend on hiking the trail once and if that is the case, they often unsubscribe afterwards.  Yet despite the unsubscriptions, we've managed to get to 2,000 members.

      I recommend when you do the JMT this summer to bring along about 10 copies of the JMT Crib Sheet (printed on one sheet of paper, back to back).  You'll find others doing the JMT who will be super grateful for the information on the sheet.  The Crib Sheet is way better than a "sport/business card" to promote this group.

      Roleigh
      _

    • Kim Fishburn

        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2013
          Woo Hoo! Congratulations guys! That's a big milestone.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 31, 2013
            Kim, I can't reproduce that number.  I see the 2001 number here:

            The default tab for members is "members" and it shows 1-2001
            The tab for bouncing is 1-274

            I wonder if you somehow found a page that subtracts 274 from 2001.  If so, the bouncing members just means that Yahoo has suspended sending them emails but they're still members and can browse the files folders and download them.  Yes most of them are probably dead email accounts though.

            I exported both "members" and "bouncing" and they overlap, so whatever page you stumbled across must show members minus bouncing.  Care to post the URL of the page that shows you this number?

            _

            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2013
            • 1 Attachment
            • 77 KB
            Look at the number of people on this image.

            Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2013
              Kim, it was the URL I wanted, I figured our where you see it.

              Odd, that this page is not consistent with the other two pages (links I gave).  Understandable, it lacks the "bouncing" members.