Start and end the JMT in one day!

  • Erica
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 9:59 PM
      Thought I would share that I had a pretty cool experience today of hiking up to HI trailhead this morning - then stopping at Mt Whitney Trailhead on my way home a few hours later! (spent the weekend in Yosemite - drove in via 41/Wawona Rd. drove home over Tioga Pass/395).

      Its quite funny to fight with the crowds at Happy Isles and hear people mumbling about Half Dome - and then go to Whitney Portal a few hours later and talk with hikers that had summited Whitney a few hours before (and the ones I talked to had quite an issue of altitude sickness they has dealt with - yuck)

      Anyway - got me stoked to hit the trail! A fun pre-JMT adventure!