Re: Tent or No Tent??? That is the question I ask of theĀ“...

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2013
      Hi Corina

      I've used the "fast fly" method and more regularly, just a bivy. They both work great, though I much prefer the fast fly (old Tadpole) in inclement weather. I wouldn't use the ff in the Sierra this June (probable height of bug season) without taking a head net. If you plan on camping in the woods, in the Sierra, the mosquitos are usually worse there.

      As Robert said they normally go away at night, but on some warmer humid evenings they can last well past bed time. You may or may not need a head net, but it is very light insurance to a good nights sleep.

      JD