Re: Forester Pass

  • casey
    Message 1 of 43 , May 22, 2013
      We were speaking of backpacking/foot travel. Believe backpacking and cross-country skiing are two distinct means of travel. I did see vague evidence of ski tracks south of Dorothy Lake and in upper Grace Meadows, none on the pass or the east side. They might have been covered with recent snow.

      > Hmmm? I wonder how "the knowledgeable ranger" would know if anyone has
      > been over Dorothy Pass this year? I wonder if he/she would say the same
      > about Burro? I'm pretty sure they both were skied over a few weeks
      > ago.... [:D]
      > JDWalk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trailsee book here
      > <http://www.johndittli.com>
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "casey" wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank You! It appears he managed almost exactly a 30 mile per day
      > average without any zero days. Excellent time for mid-season with a
      > clear dry trail. Forgot to mention, the apparently knowledgable Ranger
      > at the Hetch Hetchy Entrance told me no one had made the trip from
      > Toulumne Meadows to Wilma Lake, or, made it over Dorothy Pass yet this
      > year.

    • John
      Message 43 of 43 , May 22, 2013
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "casey" <casey.cox@...> wrote:

        > I did see vague evidence of ski tracks south of Dorothy Lake and in upper Grace Meadows, none on the pass or the east side.

        I bet May 1st snow survey tracks, I don't believe they go east of the crest on that survey.

        John