Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: REI Endeavor Pants

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Message 1 of 10 , May 21, 2013
      I agree about the rubbing zippers. The only pants I found that don't do that are ExOfficio, but YMMV!

      On May 21, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Inga Aksamit <Iaksamit@...> wrote:

      I've had the same experience with zip-off pants. They actually rub a light rash on my legs where they touch my thighs so I prefer to wear shorts for hiking and non-zip pants at night at camp and for sleeping when it's cold. I know it adds some weight but I also like to be in relatively clean clothes at night, plus I can rinse out my shorts when they are filthy and they'll be dry by morning.

      '

      Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Todd Foster" ptoddf

      If these are the standard mid thigh leg zip off pants I highly dis recommend them! I tried a pair of these (not from REI, probably Columbia) years ago and they were OK for day hikes, but on long days for weeks on end, like the JMT, that heavy edge zipper banging into the thigh millions of times became very onerous. This was true with the legs zipped off, and much worse with them on. It wasn't drawing blood, but it became very annoying. I never used those pants for backpacking again

      Inga Aksamit
      Mobile: 415-470-1812
      Email: Iaksamit@...
      Twitter.com/IngaAksamit
      About Me: about.me/IngasAdventures

    • Darryl
      Message 2 of 10 , May 22, 2013
        I returned the REI convertible Endeavor pants (NWT) and today ordered RailRunners Extreme Adventure pant. Pam who has been with the company 16 years was very helpful.

        Darryl