TSA info

  • Don
    Message 1 of 4 , May 17, 2013
      Some of this info might be of interest to those traveling on airplanes with your gear.

      http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/05/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-travel-tips-for.html
      Message 2 of 4 , May 17, 2013
        Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything about trekking poles. Has anyone tried to take them in carry-on?  I'm guessing they have to be in checked luggage, though perhaps not, especially it you removed the tips.

        On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Don <amrowinc@...> wrote:

        Some of this info might be of interest to those traveling on airplanes with your gear.

        http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/05/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-travel-tips-for.html

      • ravi_jmt2013
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2013
          Thanks for posting that link. I now finally have enough confidence to travel with my Jetboil in a couple of weeks. I may print out that blog post and take it with me. I'll probably take the stove in carry on luggage so I can at least protest if they try to confiscate it. I would never have that chance if I put it in my checked luggage and a TSA agent mistakenly thinks that it is prohibited. I've read many stories of confiscated stoves.

          --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <amrowinc@...> wrote:

          > Some of this info might be of interest to those traveling on airplanes with your gear.
          >
          > http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/05/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-travel-tips-for.html

        • Don Amundson
          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2013
            The changes to the prohibited items list has been delayed for "talks."  As far as I know they are still talking.  Amongst the proposed changes was allowing ski poles (and one would assume hiking poles) to be part of your carry on baggage. If you have fixed length poles there would be an issue with the size restriction for carry on items.

            http://www.tsa.gov/press/news/2013/04/23/prohibited-items-list-implementation-delay

            http://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/assets/pdf/tsa_permitted_items_update.pdf

            To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com