[John Muir Trail] Re: Mile.. Mile and A Half is finally premiering

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15 3:39 PM
      Jim, Heather and John, We're really looking forward to seeing you guys! Rolleigh and the rest of you on the east coast we're trying to get out there. It's a little harder for us being here in SoCal, but things are in the works and I'll make sure to let all of you know as soon as we have dates and times locked in.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Jim W <jimqpublic@...> wrote:

      > I just purchased tickets for the family. I think it will help them get as
      > excited about our August JMT hike as I am!
      >
      > Jim
      >

      > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Heather <mrshherrera@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > We'll be there, with hiking boots on!!! =)
      > >

      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <xparrot9@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hey guys,
      > > > Tioga Road is already opened!!! Craziness. Anyway, We are finally
      > > premiering on June 1st (National Trails Day) as a part of the Dances With
      > > Films Festival here in Los Angeles. Tickets just went on sale, so those of
      > > you in the Los Angeles Area we'd love to see you. Here's a link:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.danceswithfilms.com/slt_mile_mile_and_a_half.html
      > > >
      > > > We also have a screening at the Clif Bar Headquarters in Emeryville, CA
      > > on Friday night June 14th. That's a fundraiser for the American Hiking
      > > Society. Here's the link to that.
      > > >
      > > > https://www.facebook.com/events/347196828736404/
      > > >
      > > > There's also going to be a matinee in Sacramento on Saturday June 15th,
      > > but we're a couple days away from having all of the details ironed out.
      > > >
      > > > For those of you who were Kickstarter Backers and have DVD's, Blue Rays,
      > > or Digital Downloads coming great news. We've sent off the masters to the
      > > duplication house so we should have those out some time around the end of
      > > the month.
      > > >
      > > > Unfortunately, we're not sure when we will be able to sell the DVD's and
      > > Blue Rays online yet, but we will let you know as soon as possible.
      > > >
      > > > We have more screenings in the works, including Durango Colorado, San
      > > Diego, Washington DC, Portland, Seattle and Florida. We're coming up with a
      > > list to hit more cities in the fall as well. As dates and details are
      > > locked in we'll let you know.
      > > >
      > > > Again thanks to all of you in this great forum for your support. We're
      > > really proud of the movie and we hope to see you at one of the screenings
      > > this summer.
      > > > Jason

    • Jason Fitzpatrick
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 6, 2013
        Hey Terry,
        Are you going to be able to make either of the screenings next week?

        To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
        From: apeman45@...
        Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 06:04:07 +0000
        Subject: [John Muir Trail] Re: Mile.. Mile and A Half is finally premiering

        You should name the premiere "Two.. Two and A Half years" in the making.

        I think there's less snow on the JMT right now than there was when you guys did your hike in 2011!

        I got a chance to see this movie and it's really really good. Round up your outdoor buddies and go out and see it. Better yet take your friends that don't understand your backpacking addiction and maybe they will understand you a little bit better and just maybe ask you to take them on your next trip.

        I plan on making the Sacramento show if I survive my trip up Mt Shasta the weekend before.

        Hope to buy my Blue Ray at the show but I guess I can wait a "month.. month and a half" if it's not ready.

        Congrats on completing the movie!

      • John
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 6, 2013
          I think he's holding out for the Snickers bars you owe him, Jason.

          To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 6, 2013
            We're like cats once you feed us you're stuck with us!