Re: Forester Pass

  • k2poohtri
    Message 1 of 43 , May 15, 2013
      According to the VVR Facebbok page, Mr. Shivtik was at VVR on Monday, (5/13). He's the 1st PCT hiker they've seen.

      Still no posts on his blog though. Other PCT thru hikers have to be getting to the JMT soon, if not already.

      Korina
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <crhall41@...> wrote:

      > Would be nice to hear from Shivtik (or Mrs Shivtik!)again. Should be well into the heart of the JMT by now...
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "sriprank" <sriprank@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The first of the PCT thru's is over Forester and heading for Glen.
      > >
      > > This is about one month earlier than 'normal' snow years.
      > >
      > > You can follow progress on Postholer.
      > >

      > > http://postholer.com/journal/viewJournal.php?sid=98d617e21ab66d2b7a4f972192ddc264&event_id=1656

    • John
      Message 43 of 43 , May 22, 2013
        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "casey" <casey.cox@...> wrote:

        > I did see vague evidence of ski tracks south of Dorothy Lake and in upper Grace Meadows, none on the pass or the east side.

        I bet May 1st snow survey tracks, I don't believe they go east of the crest on that survey.

        John