Fwd: Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Cooking Logistics

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2013
      Nonfat dried milk powder, pudding mix COLD water, fruits nuts spices. Then shake it hard for 1-2 mins.
      That's all it takes.  Enjoy
      Jeffery

      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2013
        Jeffery, do you think it would work as well with Nido powdered milk instead of the non-fat? Nido retains the milk fat properties that I like to have while on the trail, and I was wondering if you have experimented with other variations and maybe save me a little trouble : ) !

        --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, jyeider <jyeider@...> wrote:

        > Nonfat dried milk powder, pudding mix COLD water, fruits nuts spices. Then shake it hard for 1-2 mins.
        > That's all it takes.  Enjoy
        > Jeffery
        >

        > Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

      • Byron Nevins
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2013
          I stirred with my spork vigorously for 2 minutes and it "puddinged-up" just fine.  This stuff is sustainable night after night.  Delicious!

          I recommend using Nido (dried *whole* milk) instead of the nonfat variety.

        • jyeider
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2013
            I've not used nido. It would make it taste better and be creamier, higher in calories and fat. Cold water and shaken no stirred is the key with whole or nonfat or any milk inbetween. Enjoy
            Jeffery

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2013
              Well, Mr. Bond, I'll have to try the shaken, not stirred, method!