Fwd: Re: [John Muir Trail] Cooking Logistics

  • jyeider
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14 3:00 PM
      Elbow grease as my father would say is enough. Detergent only releases surface tension, it doesn't clean nor sterilize. Boiling water works best for sterilizing. Soap has no real benefit onthe trail in my opinion. Is anything realy biodegradable.
      Jeffery

      Message 2 of 2 , May 14 3:08 PM
        PS. If you use a jetboil like me and "the little on" do you come close to sterilizing the next time you cook. I've never been sick on the trail in 40 years from cross contamination.
        Just keep everything clean.
        Jeffery