Park Rangers on the JMT

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2013
      Hi I noticed that trail crews had cleared the trail up to Little Yosemite Valley as of April 30. Can we expect that the park rangers are hiking further up the trails now? Would the station rangers have record or knowledge of these trips? Would like to get some recent knowledge of trail conditions, particularly up Donohue Pass.

      Chris
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2013
        Btw on the VVR Facebook page is a photo of the owner's wife fixing a sign at the Bear Ridge/PCT trail junction dated May 12. The trail junction is at 9800 feet and there is no sign of snow in the photo. The owner noted that the snow line was way up but he did estimate an elevation.

        Chris