Re: [John Muir Trail] leaving tomorrow to start the trail 8/27

  • taterno@cox.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2008
      Matt,

      I hiked from Tuolumne Meadows to Reds Meadow, then from Cottonwood Pass to Kennedy Meadows at the beginning of this month. The Donohue Pass region is marvelous with its glaciers. It will be cold. Bring plenty of warm clothes. I did not see any bears, but did see lots of deer.

      Take care, and have fun.

      Tom
      The Incredible Bulk

      ---- matt <mattruby@...> wrote:

      My trip commences on Sunday from the meadows to whitney portal. My
      pack is 39 pounds with 20 pounds of food (not resupplying). If I am
      not back with a trip report by the middle of next month the bears ate
      me....Thanks to all for the trip reports and helpful info.

      cheers,

      Matt