Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Planned vs. actual time on the trail

  • Carolsteveyoung
    Message 1 of 13 , May 14, 2013
      You may go faster. I did it in 28 days and had teens and a 10 yr old along with spouse (5 total hiking). All were in reasonable shape & teens HS runners but not acclimated to alt. to begin. One high pass per day.

      We got a ride down even though hadn't showered yet.

      Steve Y
      Geneva IL

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 14, 2013, at 6:50 AM, "bradonjmt" <bradmarston@...> wrote:

      Thanks everyone for your thoughts about this question. Clearly there is no "right" answer and it was very interesting to read about the different approaches to hiking the trail.