Re: [John Muir Trail] Tuesday's JMT Blog Post: Portion of Trail Closed

  • Ray Rippel
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2013
      Good points all, Roleigh. Plus, by late July (or maybe even earlier) it probably won't be all that misty!

      On May 14, 2013, at 4:50 AM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      I wonder what the impact on mules and horses will be.  I see the trail is not closed at and up above Clark Point which is accessible from Mist Trail.

      In any event, the Mist Trail is shorter and more scenic than the JMT and the way I've understood it, the Mist Trail has always been considered an acceptable JMT alternate route, often called the "summer route" as I've heard things.  The Mist Trail is more vertical since it is shorter though.