cool story

  • dvbraun
    Message 1 of 473 , Aug 8, 2000
      On wednesday August 2, I was at the Vermillion
      Valley Resort at Edison Lake with a group I was guiding.
      In the group was Sir Edmund Hillary and his wife,
      June. The whole group took the ferry across the lake to
      fish and hike Mono Creek. When we got there it was
      rainy and windy so Sir Ed and his wife and one other
      fellow, went back to the resort to hang out. To make a
      long story short, any thru-hiker at the resort
      (including a JMT trip we had resupplying there) that
      afternoon had the chance to eat pie, hear stories, and get
      pictures with Ed Hillary. Not a bad resupply!
    • tiocampo
      Message 473 of 473 , Feb 24, 2002