Re: Freeze Dried Foods

  • staehpj1
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13 3:28 AM
      I agree that they keep a very long time in the original packaging, but feel that I need to comment... Be sure you really want to use freeze dried meals. I know that in addition to being very expensive, I find them downright nasty.

      Despite hating the prepackaged meals, I do like and buy some freeze dried items, like freeze dried refried beans, black beans, peas, and peaches. I typically buy those by the #10 can and repackage them. In the original can they keep 10-15 years according to the supplier. In ziploc bags they keep much less time. Honeyvillegrain.com is a good source.