Re: [John Muir Trail] Life of a Platypus?

  • Luis Velasco
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2013
      I've had mine about the same period.  While mine isn't brittle the slide seal isn't has robust as my Camelbak—consequently periodic accidents.

      In closing, I'd say replace it for peace-of-mind.

      - Luis

      From: Mike Mosack <mosack@...>
      Date: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:25 PM
      To: <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [John Muir Trail] Life of a Platypus?

      I think you are the best judge here since you know how you use it and how hard you are on it. It is better to identify your weak points at home and not on the trail. If it were me, I suppose I would rather replace it with a new one than to push it to breakage on the trail and be without. What other water vessels are you taking? Is this a required piece or “extra”? in other words, if it fails, do you have other options available in your pack?
      If not, I’d replace it.
      Mike