MTR 8/19 & 8/20

  • andy
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2013
      I am Staying in a Log cabin at MTR on 8/19 and 8/20, i am willing to share room to get cost down. Food is included in price of rooms there. Let me know if you will be taking a rest day at MTR on 8/ 20 and want to stay in the cabins.
    • robert shattuck
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2013
        "I am Staying in a Log cabin at MTR on 8/19 and 8/20, i am willing to share room to get cost down."

        Just curious . . . but I think they don't allow people to share with hikers––you show up to your reserved cabin, which you've paid whatever for ($150-200 a night) and there's no splitting that cost––as in, there's no deciding on your part that you're going to let the guy/gal you met earlier in the day, sleep on the floor of your tent cabin, or use the other bed.

        That other person has to pay full-price, I do believe . . . and you aren't walking into the dining room and getting them a free meal. either.

        And I could be totally wrong about this, but I'm thinking maybe not . . .

        BOB

      • ravi_jmt2013
        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2013
          I had the same understanding when I booked based on this: http://muirtrailranch.com/rates-short.html

          I have a tent cabin booked but the rate is per person so if I had another person in my tent, the price would be double. For the log cabins, single occupancy is $210 but if you have two people, then it is $155/person. So I guess there is some savings to be achieved if sharing a log cabin but not a tent cabin. I can totally understand why they have this policy since meals are included.

          > "I am Staying in a Log cabin at MTR on 8/19 and 8/20, i am willing to share room to get cost down."
          > Just curious . . . but I think they don't allow people to share with hikers––you show up to your reserved cabin, which you've paid whatever for ($150-200 a night) and there's no splitting that cost––as in, there's no deciding on your part that you're going to let the guy/gal you met earlier in the day, sleep on the floor of your tent cabin, or use the other bed.
          > That other person has to pay full-price, I do believe . . . and you aren't walking into the dining room and getting them a free meal. either.
          > And I could be totally wrong about this, but I'm thinking maybe not . . .
          >
          > BOB

        • andy
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10, 2013
            Exactly! If someone wants to join with me they would pay the double occupancy rate of $155 per night and I would settle for only the difference between my single occupancy deposit and the cost of two nights at double.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 10, 2013
              Andy's understanding is correct.

              Sent from my iPhone
              See my Google Profile for interesting research links:
              http://tinyurl.com/3vnolh8