Re: Transportation

  • walkingwomad
    Message 1 of 69 , May 10, 2013
      Hi Byron!
      Do you still have a place left in your car for me? I hit the trail at the 23th of august and I'm still looking for a ride. Would be really really great!!!
      Thanks!
      Helen

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Byron" <byron.nevins@...> wrote:

      > I'm going mid-day, Aug 22
      >
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "swah14" <swah14@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I know it's a long shot, but just wondering if anyone is going from San Francisco to Yosemite on 8/22. Public transportation won't work for me, so I need to find a ride by car. Thanks a lot!

    • Kim Fishburn
      Message 69 of 69 , Mar 31
        I got my route wrong. It's the 42A and B bus. 42A goes from the Airport to downtown Sacramento. 42B goes the other direction. The bus makes a big loop connection Sacramento, Davis, Woodland and the airport.

        Kim

        On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Kim Fishburn <animalfarm99@...> wrote:
        The bus from Sacramento to the Airport is the Yolo 41 A or B bus. Ask the driver to make sure you have the right bus or you'll be going the long direction. Don't look for a city bus. It's a Yolo County bus.

        Kim

        On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:44 PM, groundhogsteve@... [johnmuirtrail] <johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com > wrote:

        From RNO, take the ESTA bus to Lone Pine.  Others who are more familiar with the southern end will have to tell you how to get to Cottonwood from there.  Do note that the ESTA bus Reno to  Lone Pine only runs certain days of the week.

        From Yosemite Valley, you're right that YARTS 120 service over Tioga Pass will be done for the season by the time you get there.  So will the hiker buses.  In that case, take the YARTS bus to either Fresno (they stop right at the Fresno Airport) or to Merced and take Amtrak to Sacramento (then city bus to the Sacramento Airport, or Amtrak Thruway bus to Reno)  or take Amtrak to the Bay Area - you can get to Oakland and SFO fairly easily.

        If you want assistance with the details, send me an email groundhogsteve at yahoo spot com and I'd be glad to help you out.