RE: [John Muir Trail] Sleep Aids

  • Randy Topken
    Message 1 of 18 , May 9, 2013

      Yeah…

      Advil PM is basically Advil (ibuprofen) + Benadryl (diphenhydramine). So I carry generic diphenhydramine and ibuprofen pills, and take one of each at night. And sleep very well.

      Something else to consider of course is your sleep system. Using a lightweight air mattress (like a NeoAir) that’s a couple inches thick is generally going to be better for sleep than a half-inch thick closed cell foam mat (like a RidgeRest). Use of a pillow (clothing, inflatable air pillow, down pillow, combo thereof) is something else to look at depending on your sleep style.