Re: packlist august-september

  • Denise Poyer
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2013
      I have a Patagonia Dragonfly windshirt (I think is similar) which I love.  It provides just enough protection so that I will wear it in situations which a rain jacket would be too hot or heavy.  I put it on when I leave camp before sunup and take it off around 8 or 9 am.  I'll put it on again for a windy pass or once I arrive at camp when you need a little something as you cool down.  It also provides a little extra insulation under a warmer layer if need be.  I find the windshirt to be fairly breathable and comfortable for a much wider range of temperatures than anything else I bring.  So I do bring both.

      My husband has the same windshirt and doesn't use his as much as I use mine.  So it may depend on your own experience with its usefulness.

      --
      Denise J. Poyer
      denisepoyer@...